Because I saw the Scorch Trial on Saturday and the prequel on Sunday. I did not know what I got into in the first place. I had tremendous fun (with the second film. I saw a few of this genre and if you can reach the strong pooints at the bottom of the list, good luck.
I give 10 to minus 10 points for ideas or plot holes. For anything new or... not so new.
1a) THE WHOLE EARTH INTO A DESERT WASTELAND - There is a FOREST in the fcking maze!
1b) THE WHOLE EARTH INTO A DESERT WASTELAND - There is a LAKE in the fcking maze!
1c) THE WHOLE EARTH INTO A DESERT WASTELAND - There is GREEN VEGETATION in the maze!
1d) The sun radiates as we know. Ultra violet light and stuff. It does not effect the skin color.
The guy engineering this stuff could have rebuilt the planet. This pulls the ground off half of the movie.
-5 points for bribing the gardeners
- 15 points WHERE DOES ALL THE FOOD AND WATER COME FROM??????
2) So I'd rather want to get into that maze than getting out of there. The only green place, you know... People would pay for that! You... could build a movie on the top of this. A better one maybe?
-3 points for a major logic flaw
In the first episode I saw rain, continental temperature, and the lushest vegetation that can be created in a continental forest. Ivy runs on the walls. Just as long as it is in the fcking maze. In the end, TADA AMERICA IS A DESERT. Dunes, some survivor grass (until they reach the mountains which has some small trees for some reason). There is also a storm, but no rain. And it is hot. If the ocean is dried out then where does the storm come from? Whatever, thinking too much.
-3 points for inconsistency
4) The virus comes from that mutant creature. And it does not seem to be much effected. Lives well with it. Also you can experiment with rats hundred times faster than on humans. Antidote generated in human brain? So you have a sample! Computers you do have! Chemical tanks? Can do it artifically, can't you? Can test it on already crooked subjects. It is hell cheaper than building a maze. Not good? Then how about a prison? That is still cheaper than a maze. Is there a book that explains? Sy read this?
-6 points for lots of shit and bad money spending
5) I forgot their names already, the girl's name starts with an "s" I recon. Yes, and he is Thomas. Was the fox-eyed called Newt? No. The secondary character in the second Berta? Yesss! I knew she was relatable! And the fat kid in the first, the one who I knew was going to die in the half of the movie, Charlie? Yess! Did not remember him from the second. Not Sandra... Yes, Minho. But that is cheating, a friend pulled me in for the movie.
The main evil lady in white cape was cool until she started making a speach in the second.
- 4 points. Ok, it is partly my bad, but I could not relate with them.
+3 points for sidekick interactions in the sequel
-1 point for motivational speech in the end of the sequel
6) Wait! Acting! I cannot really recall anything.
0 points. "Jon, Snow, you know nothing"
7) W.C.K.D so you are a bunch of doctors and scientists marrying the army? Probably not. Are you the STATE? Taking power above? Probably not. I cannot see why you don't do that, since you could, but that is a relief (even though you take back rebels with non lethal weapons except the missiles), I think a military medical facility not running for world domination is something original. Still, you should be! I still don't know what you are doing, why and why you hired PETYR BAELISH in doing so.
+ 3 points for LITTLEFINGER, +2 points for the complex fcked up facility as a whole.
8)W.C.K.D. GOOD OR EVIL??? Trying to save whole humanity? Sacreficing people for that reason. Shouldn't we contribute to that? They are still the good guys even though use really crap methods. They lost over like 40 soldiers on the way agains the rebels. They are full of controversy. The headmistress decided to make risks and drop her humanity for success. She is that close... A few million lives do matter and many of us would make that decision. With guns, yes.
+10 points for continous controversy
- 4 points for not building upon it and putting the watcher auto-decide against them.
9) Zombies are growing into trees. I saw that in the second movie. Or at least spreading guts all over because... they can grow all that from nothing. No water, not enough CO2 in the air and only an almost full body left. Also they have lots of zombies, which is some crappy copypaste idea to have all the plot twist around. HEY, BESIDE THE DESERT APOCALYPSE A SECOND ORIGIN TO MOVIE SETTING! THIS IS NEW TO ME! Ah, few jump scares, lots of running and no explanation on how can people live so close to them in the city. Cheap flick on hero falling onto glass in a bent skyscraper while fighting a zombie that bites the hero and glass only breaks when they break it with force.
+5 for multi apocalypses
-4 for overused zombie instances.
+1 for plasa zombie run.
0 points: I laughed at zombie scenes. A lot. Even at "scary" parts.
10) CGI was real. It was not forced. Just blended in. It gave nothing extra, made monsters lifelike where it had to. Nothing more nothing less.
11) Supplies. Where does all that ammo come from? How do they distribute that? And fuel. Generators? How about salvaging all skyscrapers for the glass, metal, concrete. If a civilization is ruined, people star to rebuild in that instant. They invent themselwes. These poor suckers did not. Life goes on, yet cannot see what maintains it.
-4 points on nothing being explained
12) HUNGER GAMES. Same genre and the third part will be about fighting... am, fighting... so getting out the other guys from the maze. Hunger Games haranged it and I do have a terminator Salvation feeling. Ah, nope. I foretell they will find the cure. Good ending of course and restart after bloodshed. Yeaaaay, they will forget about the paradise in the middle of the maze. For good. And technology. Know what? Westeros seems a friendly place to live. Sort of. I'd rather live there. Or... where does Dark Souls take place????
I do not say it is a copy. That is why you have ditergent or what.
0 points for the main idea.
TOTAL: -22 FINAL VERDICT
Let's pretend it never happened and Play Fallout New Vegas. Before Fallout 4 kicks in. Totally worth your money. This does not. Torrent it.